Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Dress Up

It's no secret that I love dressing up.  I'll use any excuse to wear a party dress and play with makeup!

This weekend Dan and I went to my Fulton family Christmas party.  I have a select few really fun party dresses and couldn't wait to bring out my FCUK lace and tutu-esque dress from last year.

I usually wear a random coloured clutch with dark dresses; this time I decided to wear a turquoise clutch from Aldo that Michelle gave to me as a gift years ago.   Turned out it matched the nail polish I was already wearing that Ari had recently given me for my birthday!  It's called Respect the World which is actually quite fitting for Ariana!

I wore suede and patent leather shoes with a very small heel, about an inch and a half.  Anything higher and you could probably see my bum a lot easier; this dress is super bouncy and flamboyant which is why I love it!

  



For my eye makeup I decided to do a golden smokey look...








Here is what I used in order:

1.  After moisturizing (including eye cream), I used Benefit Boi-ing concealer in #2 under my eyes.  Usually I   can use Erase paste which is a bit lighter but I like more coverage for evening looks.
2.  Then I used Benefit some kind of gorgeous in light using a bristled brush for a more airbrushed look.
3.  I used Benefit lemon-aid on my eyelids to even them up and also prime for eyeshadow.
4.  Then I used B's creaseless eye shadow in RSVP all over my lids
5.  I used MAC white tie in the inner half of my eye lid, and valet on the outer half; blended them together
6.  Then I took Sable Wrap and blended in in the crease of my eyes
7.  After putting on a couple more layers of those and blending them together, I used a black Rimmel eye liner and used MACs embark to smudge the lines
8.  Lastly, to finish my eyes I used Benefit bad gal lash in Plum which I lovvveee.
9. I then patted some Benefit high beam on the outer 'moons' of my eyes including above the eye brow.  Then I used a Benefit bluff puff and swirled it around in Sugarbomb, all over the apples of my checks and a bit towards the check bones. Finally, I used Benefit one hot minute, a light powder bronzer, on the upper parts of my checks and around my face.
10.  Finally, I used a bit of Benefit Posie tint, a pink lip stain, on my lips and some pink lip colour on top..something I don't usually do but it's Christmas :)


Sounds like a lot, but I really have a lot of fun playing with makeup :)  I also filled in my eyebrows which is something I'm trying to get better at.

Happy Holidays!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment