Thursday, December 17, 2009

winter tea party



*warning, this post has a lot of pics!*

So last weekend was the celebration of my 25th birthday party.  Usually, I would plan some sort of night out with all my friends but this year, all I wanted was a tea party!



I asked 10 of my closest girlfriends to join me in my condo's party room, and asked that they each bring an appetizer or treat of some sort.  Since my friends are so amazing, we had more than enough treats, including Portuguese pastries, muffins, hummus and pita, cupcakes, cookies, and my favourite, Ive's little crustless sandwiches!!  Check out Ive's Garden of Eat-In  for more of Iva's amazing recipes!



We kicked off the event with an opening ceremony which was to place a blooming tea ball from David's tea (aka my addiction) which turned into a beautiful flower! amazing.



But the best part of all?  I had planned a surprise craft for us all to do!  I thought it would be really fun to make our own headbands and hair pieces.  So, I made a trip out east to Michael's and came back with loads of feathers, jewels, beads, charms, ribbon and other trinkets.  I even included a nail station just in case there was a line for the glue gun, which there was.  I also included some recent magazine pics as well as my own collection of headbands for some inspiration.




We couldn't have been more excited and collectively we all came up with some very creative and unique things!!!!

Here are some of our creations:




*Silver jewels on a gray headband

 *Mich glued tons of tiny little bows with pearls in them to make this amazing piece

 


*Tricia made these lats two for me :)

....and very randomly, my friend Aly bought me a pretty black headband with a pink leopard flower as a gift, love it!!



We even finished the event with a closing ceremony that included champagne, in tea cups.

All in all it was really fun and super girly and totally me.  My party room is not the fanciest but to be honest it sort of suited the occasion!

Here is my most fun headband collection including the inspiration pieces:



I can't wait to do it again!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment